Thursday, March 31, 2016

             " A Doll's House " Alternate Ending

( Continued from last page )

NORA: Very well, now it's all over. I lay the keys here. The servants know about everything in the house- better than I do. Tomorrow, when I have started, Christina will come to pack the things I brought with me from home. I will have them sent after me.
HELMER: All over! all over! Nora, will you never think of me again?
NORA: I will definitely think about the children, as well as this house, but you can consider yourself a stranger in familiar clothes. The only memories of you that will remain with me are the ways you manipulated me. All those times I was only your " play thing."
HELMER: But Nora I love you!
NORA: [Turning her gaze away from him.] Too bad that feeling Isn't mutual.
HELMER: I truly don't understand what you are trying to do. Women like you, or women in general, can't survive in the real world without a strong man like me. Don't be a fool Nora, you're digging your own grave!
NORA: " The real world?" The only thing you ever cared about was your appearance to everyone else! Your self-centered attitude is slowly killing you from the inside out. [Getting up and walking towards the door.] And to think I spent all these years taking care of your sorry ass just to get tossed aside like a broken toy when you read the letter. You're the real disappoint here Torvald.
[Nora exits the house, leaving Torvald speechless. After a bit he runs to the door and opens it just to find a note on the floor from Nora]
TORVALD: [Unfolding the note] " Don't think I'm leaving empty handed. By the time this is all over there I will have taken at least half of your possessions. See you in court."
[Torvald smiles and calmly closes the door. Upon returning to the room we see Ms. Linde wearing a short dress and sitting on the couch]
MS. LINDE: Oh Torvald dear I'm so glad she's finally gone! Now It's finally just you and me.
TORVALD: [Turning off the lamp and slowly approaching her.] We don't have to sneak around like rats anymore.
[They begin to kiss.]
MS. LINDE: My body is all yours sweetheart.
TORVALD: I've been waiting to hear those words for so long.


5 comments:

  1. I must say, if you wanted career advice for the future, romance novels could be a place to start. Or possibly erotic ones. Take your pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you more accurately depicted how marriages collapse in this fight between Nora and Torvald rather than how the book put it. Nice plot twist with the affair with Mrs. Linde and Torvald. Looks like she didn't need Nora to do some "convincing" to get her a job at the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you give Nora a attitude to truly show how upset, angry and hurt she was like you stated in your ending. Then you add acting on top of acting when Torvald and Mrs. Linde have a thing is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you made Nora act as she was leaving was very interesting. It's as if she has been bottling anger for years and is now releasing it all at once on Torvald. When you introduce Ms. Linde in the scene and reveal that they are drawn to each other is crazy and a made a very unexpected ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that was a crazy ending!It makes me question whether Torvald really ever loved Nora at all. I also found it humorous that Torvald and Ms. Linde were faking how they felt. I would have never expected that conclusion.

    ReplyDelete